Sunday, June 10, 2007

Man...

Ok, I get it. I can't win.

So Friday and Saturday were really hard and discouraging for me with all of the mess that just never seems to end around here, and I spent much of Saturday working my little butt off getting the suite cleaned up and organized. Bo's aunt and uncle gave us a bookshelf they didn't want anymore, but it was just sort of dropped in front of the storage closet that Di and Craig need regular access to. I cleaned out stuff and got it all ready to be moved to a more perminant place, moving my desk to a better angle, etc. Then I decided to reward myself with a nice fun scuba dive with my friends. Well, it was great. The viz was ok, and it's lots of fun diving at dusk, and we had a great time. We walked out to the end of the breakwater (1.5 kms!!! With something like 80 lbs of gear on me!) got in, and then swam back as far as we could. I made it about 3/5 of the way back before our air got low, so we got out and walked the rest of the way in. Except I rolled my ankle. With all of my gear on.

Thankfully, I didn't do the usual thing divers do with all that extra weight on, which is fall over and break a couple bones. I have no idea how I managed to stay upright, but the fact I then walked nearly half a km back to the shop probably wasn't very good for my foot. It's not really swollen today, but it's slightly purpley, and really sore.

Sigh... at least this gives me a great excuse for NOT finishing all the cleaning.

1 comments:

jupo said...

i just caught up on your last 3 posts. wow..... that's retarded. dry wall dust and insulation everywhere. you'd think that they would THINK. "oh! my crap is falling into a gecko tank and onto clean laundry... i guess i'll just keep going and not cover anything up. "

hang in there, sis. this will one day be over. just keep enjoying what you DO have - the ocean, the weather, the fresh air, and me, of course.

btw, thanks for the barbie tiara. it was beautiful.