At Aikido tonight I was having a technique done on me, and my gi somehow caught on the really icky big, raised birthmark I've had all my life. Just in case you can't tell, this thing grosses me out, but taking care of things like IBS and migraines has taken priority so I've never had it taken off.
Well. It's about 75% off now. Maybe more. Yucky!! It didn't really bleed profusely, just sort of had a slow but steady welling of blood behind it, which I managed to not really get on my gi.
Yeah. That's gross. When I got home I washed it carefully, dried with sterile gauze, and put a new bandaid on (oh, and felt all proud of my first aid skills) until tomorrow morning when I will go to the walk in clinic and get it chopped all the way off.
Maybe the doctor won't mind taking of the smaller one on my neck that keeps rubbing painfully on my motorcycle chin strap.
Hey, if that was too gross, just be glad I didn't take pictures, or tell you about how it was sort of flapping under the stream of water in the shower! |
2 comments:
oh dear, Genifer, I hope you can get that taken care of. You did sound almost as indifferent as a nurse as you described it - as if it was on someone else. Way to go! Hope it heals just fine.
mom
I was expecting the before and after pictures after it was removed and flapping in the shower.
I could feel along with you the way you wrote.
See you in a week.
A. Emmy
Post a Comment