Big News! I got a raise!! Yep, after working in my department for just over a year, it was time for our annual raises. And I GOT A RAISE! Of... 34¢. haha. Well, thirty four cents seems pretty pathetic, seeing as it doesn't even cover the increase in cost of living from year to year, but whatever - it's a raise, and as my friend Ben pointed out, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. And folks - trust me, if you spend a little while thinking about that one, you'll be able to figure out why it's better without even having to test it yourself.
Next news: My most awesome friends Beth and Marty are having a baby!!!!! A baby PUPPY, of course. Isn't this little guy the cutest thing you've ever seen?
They don't have him yet, alas. He's not quite old enough to leave his mom yet, so they have to make due with visiting the an entire litter of adorable little puppies for a little while still. A. Whole. Litter. of. Cuteness. And then Beth emails out oodles of pictures so all work must stop and I must scroll through much adorableness. Thus, I decided to share a picture with all of you!
Next news tidbits in point form:
My insides are mad. So very mad. I guess it's time I start seeing a doctor and finding out exactly what is going on in me, because I'm having to call in sick or late to work because I can't sleep all night due to stomach cramps. Ow. I have an appointment in 2 weeks. We looked around at apartments yesterday for a while. There is one we liked that had a balcony and HUGE windows, but the building was a little older. Another we loved that was a little smaller, but it's at the edge of Cook Street Village so the location is fantastic(it's south, so the OCEAN side of the village), and the building is super nice. It's also cheaper. It's encouraging getting a look at a couple places, seeing as most of them say "oh, yeah. We just haven't taken our sign down yet." I get to spend next weekend with Fern! And Frank, and the rest of the family. Fern, Frank, Bo, and myself are going camping on Salt Spring, too! Oooo... it should be fun. Sure hope the weather is as nice as it looks for this weekend. Hmm... that reminds me. I should fire up my lantern and Coleman stove and make sure they're working. I still love my scooter. It's just so stinkin awesome. |
1 comments:
alright!! i really really really hope that you can find a good place to move to. and soon. and something affordable! would any of these new places be closer to work for you? [not that you'd want to be any closer, because that might mean less zippy-time on your scooter....]
i must admit, i haven't been thinking much about a good name for the scooter. i will try to do better. does it have one yet?
Post a Comment